Friday, July 4, 2008

The New Jordan 23 Shoes

A few months back I was surfing the internet looking for a running shoes that I may buy. I have two basketball shoes already so I decided to go for a running shoes for me to use to jog around. I browse the websites of Adidas, Reebok, Converse and Nike but I was not able to look for that something that can convince me and make me want to buy it. So I thought maybe instead of checking it out in the internet I will be going to their stores so that I can personally look, touch and feel their shoes; but I didn’t have the time to do so.

One time, my girlfriend and I went to Divisoria to buy some stuff for the wedding of her sister. Then we dropped by this boutique that sells a variety of clothing and foot wears. Then I saw a shoes with the number 23 on it and it looks cool. I thought maybe this is a Jordan shoe but I’m not really familiar with it. All I heard from the saleslady when I’m holding and appreciating the shoes was it’s a class A and it costs about two thousand pesos (P2000.00) but she can sell it to me with a discount. Class A? So it’s not original but I didn’t know it at the first place. Well it’s already common here in the Philippines that there is a rampant imitation about almost everything. We have also a ‘class A’ president here.

Finally I had the time to visit a Nike store in one of the malls in the metro to look for those running shoes that I will buy. All of a sudden, inside the store, something caught my attention; it’s the shoe that looks like the one I saw from Divisoria! It really is a Jordan shoe! I reached for it and tried to compare it to the one in Divisoria. I was working my memory but I cannot figure out the difference of the design. I was told by one of the store personnel that it is the latest Jordan shoe. When I asked for the price, now there’s that very big difference. It costs more than P9000.00! Wow!

I liked the shoe. I admired it. It looks cool. It has something in it that’s making me change my decision of getting a pair of running shoes.

Well it is expensive but I can buy it half the price. How? Let’s just say that I have this friend that gets 50% off discount to all Nike shoes from a Nike store. Isn’t that great?!

However, I can probably buy that new Jordan 23 in a few weeks or maybe months from now. I have to save for it starting today! I have a 100 pesos in my pocket to start with.

No comments: