Saturday, July 12, 2008

Going back to U.P.

During my rest days I was not really able to do the movie marathon that I talked about in my last post; instead we (w/ my girlfriend) went to the University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD) to request for my transcript of records. For the first time in my life I was able to visit the Jorge Vargas Museum in the campus for the fact that I studied in UPD for about 2 years, from the year 2000-2002. Actually there are places in UP that I never been to; there are buildings that I never entered during my stay there. Have I missed a lot of opportunites? The answer is a sorrowful YES! But what saddens me most is that me not continuing my education in that great university before. If ever I will be given the opportunity to study in UP again I'll definitely grab it. Sigh.

Inside the Vargas Museum we were able to view and appreciate the works of art by some renowned artists of our country. I love art. I do art. But the masterpieces that I've seen there are somewhat different. How I wished I can do something like those and be known in the future. I want to learn more about arts. I want to polish my forte. I want to be better than what I am capable of right now. I've drawn, painted, sketched, taken pictures, wrote; I've tried. I will be better. I will get there, I know. I dream for I believe.

No comments: