Sunday, July 13, 2008

Coffee Drinker

Last Friday me and my girlfriend went to University of the Philippines (UPD) and after requesting for my OTR we decided to take a little walk and visit the Vargas Museum; it's going to be our first time to enter that museum. Before we entered the museum we noticed that there is a small cafe on the left wing of the building and we were somewhat surprised, it is Cordillera Coffee. I have a friend in Kalinga that talked a lot about the Cordillera Coffee when I was still there. The cafe is owned by a family from our hometown. My friend is actually staying with that family and he once had tried to work in a branch of that cafe here in the metro; he had roasted coffee beans. So me and my girl decided to try what the Cordillera Coffee can offer; to my curiousity I ordered their Kalinga Cafe with whip cream and orange slice. Well the coffee is good but the orange slice had added a little sweetness to it, I like a coffee that is a little bitter or let's just say less sugar.

I'm a coffee drinker. I love coffee. I drink coffee at home and even here in the office. I drink coffee almost everyday, sometimes three times a day. But what I missed the most is the coffee from our province. Kalinga is now producing processed native coffee powder and also being commercially introduced; Kalinga Coffee and Kalinga Blend are the top brands. I've tried those brands already but still I'm missing the taste of something, the taste of a coffee that I haven't drink for a long time. It is the coffee that my beloved grandmother used to roast and process by herself; so sad she is now very old that she cannot identify what is a good coffee bean from not.

Cordillera Coffee says Drink for a Cause for they are patronizing the best coffees of the entire Cordillera Region, that's good. Kalinga coffees are also being sold not just here in the Philippines but also abroad; if the iKalingas and the governmnet will continue supporting these native products then we might see a boom and economic progress in the province. Well then I have to drink my coffee first for it's getting cold.

No comments: