Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Conquer the Mountains!


I like hiking and trekking. I like going up the mountains, feel the air up there and shout, "I am the king of the world!"

I wish I could do those things again. Conquer the mountains!

When I was studying in U.P. I joined the UP Mountaineers; that was last 2001. I experienced jogging around the UP oval for about 4 times, very tiring. Well, I wasn't able to complete all the Basic Mountaineering Courses though, so I can say that I'm not one of them. So sad.

When I decided to continue my college education at the Kalinga-Apayao State College (KASC) in my beloved province I tried to establish a mountaineering organization and called it Tagu Mountaineers (Tagu means life or person), many become interested and actually joined. However, that organization didn't last long for we lack equipments and that I wasn't able to complete its paperworks. Also, I lacked support. So we called it quits for good.

Last 2005, there were KASC students who planned to organized a mountaineering group in the campus. They were determined and ambitious. They had seeked my opinion and help. Because I knew that these students had the potential and determination I decided to give them some information. But I wasn't able to hear from them since I left KASC.

Last year I've heard from some friends in the province that there is a new organization called Kalinga Mountaineering Society (KMS) being put up and planned by good people. I felt very glad for it. I've been hearing good news and comments for KMS; they had already their climbs and events. In fact we and Nats had a little chat before and he was inviting mo to join, well as much I want to but I'm based here in the metro and my schedule could hardly allow me to join the fun and events. The organization is growing, thumbs up to that!

2 comments:

PAPPU CAN DANCE said...

hey nice man. i always fantasized about these adventure trips but could never attend one. Nice to see that you are able to do something that you love

The MINGOL said...

Well mehn you can always come here in the Philippines for a vacation or tour. Just get in touch though.

http://ikalinga.blogspot.com