Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What a way to start the Matagoan Festival (Tabuk City)!

I was watching the TV, ABS-CBN in particular, a few days before the typhoon Frank hit the country and I was able to watch this feed regarding Tabuk City's Founding Anniversary celebration the Matagoan Festival. I was a little bit surprised about that TV feed, seems like this time the festival will be a big bang!

The theme this time is Abante Tabuk, the City of Life. I started reading articles and news in the internet about the Matagoan Festival and again I was surprised and excited about the natives' attempt to put the city in the Guinness Book of Records for their activity "Longest Hybrid Linudag Show" wherein the people will have to cook rice-in-a-bamboo in a 7 kilometer distance. That would be great!

When typhoon Frank came and brought devastation in our country I was sadden by the impact it had created. Frank came and conquered the Philippines in a short time; it's just so sad. I was als thinking about the Matagoan festival back then. I was asking myself what if the typhoon will go north bringing the strong winds and heavy rains? Man that's not cool. Well I thought wrong, Frank went out of the country.

The Matagoan Festival will run starting June 23 to 26. They said it will start with a big bang! Well it did; a devastating 'bang', a grenade explosion. The tragedy happened in a small carnival in the city leaving 2 people dead and 18 injured. What a way to start the affair, sorrowful.

This would be the first founding anniversary of Tabuk since it's cityhood. To be honest, I want to go home and attend the festival but due to my work and hectic schedule I won't be there. I'll just text my family to get information about the activities and also read related articles here in the net. Despite what happened, I would like to say my condolences to the families of those who passed away; get well soon also to those who were injured. Be strong for the Lord is always with us.

No comments: