Monday, February 8, 2010

Thank you Gloria?

"Salamat po! Pangulong Gloria Macapagal Arroyo sa footbridge na to." [Thank you! President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo for this foot bridge.]

That's what is written on large streamers hanging on some of the footbridges along the Quezon Avenue, a major road, in Quezon City.

I can't help but ask myself why would these streamers be put there since those footbridges had been built years back. Yes the footbridges might be built during the term of Arroyo but why thank her only now? The 'thank you' message could have been done long time ago. On the other hand, I believe what was used for these infrastructures is the money of the people; the taxes that we are paying for. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

So it should be us, the people, who deserved to be thanked not her only.

Another thing, on one of the footbridges, just beside the streamer is a notice I believe from the Commission on Elections (COMELEC), if I'm not mistaken, where a line of the message says "..political propaganda is strictly prohibited along the major roads of Quezon City.." Beat that!

No comments: