Monday, August 4, 2008

Distance Education

I was not able to finish my BS course, that's a fact.

I want to finish college and have a degree, that's another fact.

I was studying back then when the opportunity of working reveals itself and was able to convince me follow its path. That was late 2005. On that time, deciding whether to continue my studies or start working was not easy. I can't do both at the same time, as much I want to, for the workplace is in Baguio. Before going to the City of Pines I told my friends and relatives that I'm sure I can manage my time in Baguio and become a working-student; but that never happened.

Now that I'm here in Manila, still I cannot find time to enroll myself to any college to continue education. Until my girlfriend told me an idea about distance education. Distance education?!
  • Distance education, or distance learning, is a field of education that focuses on the pedagogy and andragogy, technology, and instructional systems design that aim to deliver education to students who are not physically "on site". Rather than attending courses in person, teachers and students may communicate at times of their own choosing by exchanging printed or electronic media, or through technology that allows them to communicate in real time and through other chatting ways. Distance education courses that require a physical on-site presence for any reason including the taking of examinations is considered to be a hybrid or blended course or program.
So we researched the internet about the colleges that offfers distance education. What caught my attention is University of the Philippines Open Univeristy, will this be another opportunity for me to go back to the school that I left? I guess not. Their offered courses were not in my interest. Tsktsk!

Distance education, distance education. How can I avail of you? Having further net search about it we came across CAP College - College on the Web (CAP-COW). Nice one. I did a lookup on their program and I was somewhat interested on their A.B. Information Technology (IT) course. I will be taking that and finish it! Angst!

A good thing about CAP-COW is that they offer courses that can be taken whether via online or via the common modular method. Hopefully this month I can enroll and start my distance education.

Nothing is impossible. Just believe in yourself.

No comments: